The vacuum blender is the latest revolutionary development in the blending and juicing world. If you’re big on your blending, then you’ve probably already heard about vacuum blenders. But what exactly are they? And how do they work?
In this post, we’ll be covering everything you need to know about vacuum blenders, as well as taking a closer look at some of the best products the market has to offer.
Read on for the full lowdown on vacuum blenders.
What Is A Vacuum Blender?
A vacuum blender is very similar to a standard blender, but with one key difference: it uses new technology to remove the air from your blender — before you pour your smoothie out, and even before you blend your mixture at all. This means that bubbles are not created in the mixture during blending, and the user can avoid oxidation (more on the importance of this later).
Vacuum blenders work by creating a vacuum in the container — meaning that there is no air present when blending begins.
These products tend to incorporate a pump that the user attaches to the top of the jug. This pumps out the air and is either done by hand or with a battery-powered pump.
The more expensive and advanced models use an electrically-operated vacuum pump. This is built into the design of the blender itself.
Once the air is removed from the jug through this process, the jug is then sealed (using an airtight seal in the lid) until the mixture is ready to be poured out and consumed.
The Benefits Of A Vacuum Blender
Vacuum blenders solve one of the biggest problems of blending: oxidation.
For those that don’t know, oxidation occurs during the blending process when your ingredients are exposed to the air (and oxygen). This essentially results in the loss of vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants in your smoothie, as the oxygen breaks down the nutrients by feeding the microbes that cause decay in food.
This has a negative impact on the nutrition levels of your smoothie, and it can also impact the flavour, making it less tasty.
You may also notice this in the colour of your smoothie — after a bit of time, the smoothie will start to go brown. This is particularly noticeable when using ingredients like apples (which oxidise very quickly).
The vacuum blender cuts out this problem and ensures that you will get maximum nutrition from the fruit and vegetables you’re using. It also keeps your smoothies tasty and vibrant, ultimately creating a more pleasant blending experience.
Vacuum Blender Buying Guide
If you’re struggling to decide on the best vacuum blender for you, then it may help you to know what to look for. Knowing which features are the most important to you will help you choose the best blender to suit your wants and needs.
Here are some key factors to consider when choosing a vacuum blender:
- Size: size can be an important deciding factor when choosing the perfect blender, particularly if you’ve got a small kitchen and limited space. A big machine will probably blend faster than most others and produce a smoother product, but it will also take up a big chunk of counter space. Pick a size that works well for you.
- Type of vacuum: they are a few different types of vacuum function. Pick a manual or automatic (this includes battery-powered or electrically-operated pumps).
- Strength of motor: all blenders are powered by a motor. The higher the horsepower of your motor, the faster your smoothie is blended, and the smoother the texture is.
- Price: there are many different vacuum blenders available, with a variety of different price tags to match. Prices can range from the hundreds to the thousands, so you need to decide whether you want a cheaper model or a more high-end version.
Prioritising what you find the most important will help with the tricky task of deciding on the perfect blender for you.
What Are The Best Vacuum Blenders?
Sold on the concept of vacuum blenders? You’re in luck; there is a wide variety of high-quality vacuum blenders available on the market that can help you to keep your smoothie-making as nutritious as possible for a healthy diet.
MyJuicer doesn’t currently stock vacuum blenders, but we’re working on it. We’re currently picking our favourite vacuum blenders out there that can help you to get healthy fast without damaging the nutritional goodness of your fresh ingredients, and we’ll be adding them to our site in the very near future.
Vacuum Blender Alternatives
In the meantime, we’ve covered four of our favourite vacuum blender alternatives — check out this section for some of the best high-powered and reasonably-priced blender options out there.
Alternatively, you can browse our enormous range of blenders on MyJuicer and see for yourself. All of the high-quality blenders we offer are provided by reputable brands and are excellent value for money.
Here is our lowdown on three of the best vacuum blender alternatives:
Blendtec Designer 725 Blender
Image credit: MyJuicer
The Blendtec Designer 725 is a great alternative to vacuum blenders. It incorporates advanced blending technology into its design, which tackles problems like overheating, loading errors and air pockets.
This high-end, versatile model features six preprogrammed custom cycles and can work at 100 speeds with its touch slide control. An impressive blender by any means.
- Powerful 3.8 peak horsepower motor
- Advanced blending technology fixes problems
- Six preprogrammed custom cycles (Smoothie, Salsa, Ice Cream, Whole Juice, Hot Soup, and Clean)
- Illuminated touch interface
- Expensive compared to other blenders
- Loud when working at full speed
Our rating: 8/10
Hamilton Beach Eclipse Blender
Image credit: MyJuicer
The Hamilton Beach Eclipse Blender is a strong choice for anyone serious about their blending.
This model is simultaneously quiet and powerful, with a strong 3HP motor blending your ingredients efficiently, and the noise shield muffling any annoying loud noises.
The Eclipse Blender is a great blender for commercial use; able to make frozen drinks, smoothies, iced coffee and ice creams while maintaining quiet.
- Very quiet — noise shield encloses and muffles the blender to reduce noise
- Wave-Action System pushes ingredients down towards the stainless steel blades, ensuring smooth results
- Over 100 pre-programmed cycles
- Memory card slot for custom programming
- The most expensive on our list, this blender is a serious investment
- Slightly on the bulky side
Our rating: 9/10
Vitamix Drink Machine Two-Speed
Image credit: MyJuicer
The Vitamix Drink Machine Two-Speed is affordable and durable, making it a worthwhile addition to any kitchen.
Unlike the Blendtec model above boasting 100 speeds, the Vitamix only offers two. But do you really need anymore? This blender can make frozen coffee drinks, fruit smoothies, granitas, shakes and more or two speeds alone — suggesting otherwise.
If you want a reliable, functional blender, then you could do a lot worse than the Vitamix Drink Machine Two-Speed.
- Powerful, thermally-protected motor can cope with dense ingredients without overheating — helping to protect your smoothie mix from damaging oxidation
- Strong blades create enough torque to crush 1.4 litres of cubed ice in seconds
- Clear, durable and large container
- Not the most attractive of models, with bulky appearance
- Only two different speeds
- None of the high-tech screens or functionality of more expensive models
Our rating: 7/10
These are just three of the best vacuum blender alternatives out there.
For similar products, take a peek at MyJuicer’s blender section — we offer competitive prices on many high-quality blenders and we can deliver worldwide.
We’ll be adding our favourite vacuum blenders to MyJuicer soon — and we’ll be updating this page at that time too.
Stay posted for more on vacuum blenders, or check out our blog for the latest news and interesting information on the blending and juicing world.