Jug blenders are the perfect addition to any kitchen. Whether it’s kickstarting the day with a healthy superfood smoothie, whipping up a warming soup, or relaxing in the evening with an ice-cold mojito, MyJuicer is great for all your blending needs.
We’ve got a huge range of the best jug blenders available in the UK. Don’t believe us? Check out our reviews — we’ve got five-star reviews on Trustpilot for each of the products we feature on our site — then browse the selection below:
What are jug blenders?Quite simply, they are blending devices that feature a transparent jug (either glass or plastic) into which you place your ingredients. Once you’ve firmly placed the lid onto the blender and turned it on, the motor will start, which will power the blender’s blades and blitz up any food products or ice that you’ve added. Jug blenders are probably the most popular type of blender for domestic kitchens because they’re easy to use and effective. The products in our range vary in price, giving you the option of investing in multi-functional, top-of-the-range technology, or experimenting with an affordable, easy to use blender.
What are the pros and cons of using a jug blender?This type of blender has many positives over a stick blender, including:
- They are much faster than stick blenders at blitzing your ingredients, making use quick and convenient
- The rapid rotation of the blades ensures a silky smooth texture for your soups and smoothies (though of course, you can blend for a shorter amount of time to keep a chunkier texture)
- Depending on the type of blender, you can normally blend a much larger quantity of ingredients than you can by hand with a stick blender
- They are hands-free, so you can carry on doing other things around the kitchen while you blend. This also means you don’t get blender hand!
- Jug blenders are bulkier than stick blenders (though smaller than commercial juicers and blenders) so you will need to find storage space or counter space in your kitchen
- Cleaning them can be slightly more difficult as you have to disassemble the blender to clean — and not all models are dishwasher-friendly
- Depending on the brand of blender you decide on, it can be costly
Glass versus plastic blender jarsIf you’ve decided to get a jug blender, the next question you will ask will be about which blender jar is best — glass or plastic? There’s not really much difference between the two. On the one hand, glass jars are not as durable as plastic because they are more likely to break if dropped. They are also a bit heavier. Conversely, plastic jars are more likely to get scratched and to absorb smells over time and through repeated use. Glass will withstand use a lot better.
What can you make in a jug blender?The great thing about this type of blender is that they are hugely versatile, and if you get one with strong blades and a powerful motor, you can blend most things. Traditionally, they’re used to make soups and smoothies, but you can also use it to make the following:
- Pancake or Yorkshire pudding batter
- Cocktails like frozen margaritas or mojitos
- Nut butters
- Dips and sauces